Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2022)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child Benefit
Maternity Benefit/Paternity Benefit and Parent’s Benefit
Other family benefits

Benefits for caregivers
Illness benefit
Supporting people in their homes or in nursing homes

Invalidity Pension
Accidents at work and occupational diseases

Old-age and survivors
State Pensions
Widow’s and Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Pensions

Social assistance
Benefits to help people reach a basic standard of living

Unemployment benefits

Moving abroad
Previous coverage abroad can count

Main residence
Habitual residency

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page