Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2019)

At some point in our lives we may well need to depend on social security benefits. These are available for nationals living in their own country who meet the relevant requirements; but you also have a right to claim if you are from one EU country and are living in another. Read on to find out when you can claim, what you are entitled to and how you can apply.

Family benefits
Maternity/Paternity Benefits

Illness benefits in cash

Benefits for accidents at work and occupational diseases
Invalidity benefits
Invalidity pensions

Old-age and survivors
Old-age pensions
Survivor's benefits

Social assistance
Benefits due to minimum resources
Long-term care benefits

Unemployment insurance benefits and unemployment assistance benefits

Moving abroad
Aggregation of insurance periods abroad

Main residence
Permanent residence

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page