Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion

Czech Republic

(Updated 2018)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child benefits
Housing allowance
One-off benefits
Foster care

Sickness benefits

Persons with disabilities
Accidents at work and occupational diseases

Old-age and survivors
Old-age pensions
Survivors benefits
Special pension contributions and supplements

Social assistance
Assistance in material need


Moving abroad
What happens when returning from abroad

Main residence
Habitual residence

Share this page