Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion


(Updated 2020)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child benefit
Maternity benefits

Long-term social care

Benefits for employment accidents and occupational diseases
Sickness benefit
Invalidity pension
Disability benefits

Old-age and survivors
Statutory pension
Survivors' benefits – widow's/widower's pension, orphan's benefit and funeral grant

Social assistance
Guaranteed minimum income benefit
Social pension
Household allowance for pensioners on low incomes

Unemployment benefit

Moving abroad
Aggregation of insured time

Main residence
Habitual residence

No related news in the last six months.

Share this page