The European network of Public Employment Services was established following a Decision by the Council and the European Parliament to maximise efficiency of public employment services (PES).
The network comprises all 28 EU countries, Norway, Iceland and the European Commission. It aims to:
- compare PES performance through benchmarking
- identify evidence-based good practices and foster mutual learning (invidual PES practices can be found in the PES Repository and outputs from the network activities can be found in the PES Knowledge Centre)
- promote the modernisation and strenghtening of PES service delivery, including of the Youth Guarantee
- prepare inputs to the European Employment Strategy and the corresponding national labour market policies
The network is governed by a Board, where each Member State and the Commission are represented by two members. The Board meets twice a year to conduct strategic discussions and take decisions on the activities of the Network.
The PES Network Newsletter is intended to raise awareness of the work of the Network and disseminate learning resources to PES colleagues and other stakeholders. It is issued quarterly to highlight the latest publications, new items as well as forthcoming events.
If you would like to receive the Newsletter, please write an e-mail to the PES secretariat.
Key network documents
- Annual Report of the European Network of Public Employment Services - January 2018 - December 2018
- PES Network Work Programme 2019
- PES Network working paper - The future of work: Implications and responses by the PES Network (2018)
- Implementation of the Council Recommendation on the integration of the long-term unemployed into the labour market in PES – Survey report (2018)
- PES Network Benchlearning Manual (2018)
- Annual Report of the European Network of Public Employment Service - January 2017 - December 2017 (2018)
- PES Network Mutual Learning Programme 2018
- Report on PES Implementation of the Youth Guarantee (2017)
- Assessment Report on PES Capacity (2017)
- Position Paper: Proposal for a structured cooperation between PES and the education sector for better school-to-work transitions (2017)
- Annex to the Position Paper: Proposal for a structured cooperation between PES and the education sector for better school-to-work transitions (2017)
- PES Network Strategy 2020 and beyond (2017)
- PES Decision
- PES Network Work Programme 2017 (update September 2017)
- PES Network Work Programme 2016
- Report on enhanced cooperation between Public Employment Services (2017)
- PES response to the consultation on the European Pillar of Social Rights (2016)
- PES key considerations on labour market integration of refugees and asylum-seekers(2016)
- Annual Report of the European Network of Public Employment Service - July 2015 - December 2016 (2016)
- Annual Report of the European Network of Public Employment Services - June 2014 - June 2015 (2015)
- PES Business Models - Country fiches (2014)