The Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) programme is a financing instrument at EU level to promote a high level of quality and sustainable employment, guaranteeing adequate and decent social protection, combating social exclusion and poverty and improving working conditions.
For the period 2021 – 2027 the EaSI programme will become a strand under the European Social Fund Plus (ESF+).
Structure and funding
As of January 2014, these programmes form the three axes of EaSI. They support:
- the modernisation of employment and social policies with the PROGRESS axis;
- job mobility with the EURES axis;
- access to micro-finance and social entrepreneurship with the Microfinance and Social Entrepreneurship axis.
The total budget for 2014-2020 is EUR 919,469,000 in 2013 prices.
- Strengthen ownership of EU objectives and coordination of action at EU and national level in the areas of employment, social affairs and inclusion.
- Support the development of adequate social protection systems and labour market policies.
- Modernise EU legislation and ensure its effective application.
- Promote geographical mobility and boost employment opportunities by developing an open labour market.
- Increase the availability and accessibility of microfinance for vulnerable groups and micro-enterprises, and increase access to finance for social enterprises.
In pursuing these objectives, EaSI will:
- pay particular attention to vulnerable groups, such as young people,
- promote equality between women and men,
- combat discriminations,
- promote a high level of quality and sustainable employment,
- guarantee adequate and decent social protection,
- combat long-term unemployment,
- fight against poverty and social exclusion.