On their own initiative, the Group of Chief Scientific Advisors, adopted at their 11th meeting (31 January – 1 February 2018), a scoping paper (see below), confirming their intention to produce a Scientific Opinion on “Making sense of science under conditions of complexity and uncertainty”.
The opinion will be primarily addressed to policymakers making use of scientific advice across the European Commission, and will be of relevance to the governance of scientific advice in the Commission.
The opinion is expected to be delivered by June 2019.
Related topic activities
4 June 2018, Brussels
The objective of the workshop was to highlight the areas of debate and subtopics to address (building on the Scoping Paper) as well as existing evidence requiring special attention for the Opinion.
The specific outcome of the workshop is a list of sub-questions that the Opinion can address. The list is intended as guidance for further work on the Opinion.
- Main Outcomes 819 KB
EU Agency Network for Scientific Advice (EU ANSA)
- EU authorisation processes of Plant Protection Products 3.4 MB
- Novel carbon capture and utilisation technologies 1.3 MB
- Food from the Oceans 3.2 MB
- New techniques in agricultural biotechnology 2.3 MB
- Cybersecurity in the European Digital Single Market 1.6 MB
- Glyphosate 397 KB
- Light-duty vehicle real-drive CO2 emissions 1.5 MB
Please contact us with any questions or comments you may have.