About this site
This Participant Portal was established as an Internet portal for the stakeholders of the EU research and innovation programmes. It provides you a set of services to facilitate your participation in the programmes and related interactions with the Commission. You are encouraged to register yourself with the portal to benefit fully from these services.
New release of the Beneficiary Register tool (02/2014)
The new version of the of the Beneficiary Register tool, released on 28 February, includes a questionnaire that allows determining whether an organisation is an SME according to the EU Recommendation 2003/361/EC and thus whether it is eligible to apply for the funding of certain H2020 actions.
Information on Swiss participation in Horizon 2020 (02/2014)
More information can be found here.
First H2020 calls published on 11 December (01/2014)
The first calls for projects of the new Horizon 2020 research and innovation framework programme were published on the Participant Portal on 11 December 2013.
You can find all the calls in the section Funding opportunities: the page H2020 Calls lists all the open calls, while on the page Search Topics you can search for topics of your interest by key words or via free text search.
The Horizon 2020 funding opportunities for 2014-2015 are set out in Work Programmes that are available on the Reference Documents page.
All Calls are sub-divided into Topics: Topic pages describe the scope and expected impact of proposals for the given topic, list the eligibility conditions and evaluation criteria and other conditions, and provide access to the electronic submission system. On the Call pages you find additional documentation, such as the Work Programme, call related FAQ, support services and helpdesks, etc.
Moreover, the Search Topics page provides a quick access to topics relevant to such cross-cutting aspects as Cross-cutting Key-Enabling Technologies (KETs), Contractual Public-Private Partnerships (cPPPs), ERA-NET, Gender, International cooperation, SME Instrument, Socio-economic sciences and humanities.
Most of the 2014 calls are already open for submission, other published calls will open for submission over the course of the year on the dates indicated in the Work Programmes.
- EC memo on the Horizon 2020 first calls
- EC press release about the launch of the Horizon 2020 calls
- Horizon 2020 factsheets and presentation materials.
New Improved Participant Portal (12/2013)
The layout of the Participant Portal has been redesigned to help you find the information you need as quickly and simply as possible. The main changes are:
- Improved speed for LEARs - the full lists of your projects will be available faster than before
- New layout of calls - the section of H2020 calls will be available on 11 December
- Topics as sub-division of H2020 calls - you submit your proposals to a particular topic as compared to FP7 submission to a call
- Search topics of open calls with free keywords
- Proposal submission forms - templates in pdf format will be available on the "topic conditions" section of the H2020 call service
- New section How to participate giving the main steps for newcomers to prepare their proposal
- H2020 Online Manual - overview of all steps you need to know for the electronic management of proposals or grants
- SME participation - dedicated guidance page for SMEs
- H2020 and FP7 Reference Documents are available in the section How to Participate
- Experts' interactions with Commission services will be fully electronic: experts selected for assignments will sign their contracts electronically and submit their payment requests online.
- Beneficiary registration tool is getting ready for H2020. Under the "Research & Innovation" section, self-registrants (or LEARs when updating data) will be able to declare also the "civil society organisation" status. The FP7 Indirect Cost Method will need to be defined only when self-registering for FP7 and becomes by default not applicable for H2020.
- Access to continue an unfinished registration of an organisation is moved to the section My area -> My Organisations
H2020 call for expression for interest for experts (11/2013)
New calls for expression of interest for individual experts and for organisations to suggest experts were just published in OJ C342 of 22 November 2013. European Commission will soon need experts to evaluate first Horizon 2020 proposals. Don't forget to tick the H2020 box in the registration platform and update your expertise.