CALL: GOVERNANCE FOR THE FUTURE
Call identifier: H2020-SC6-GOVERNANCE-2018-2019-2020 Publication date: 27 October 2017
Call summary and aims
The aim of the call is to enhance the evidence base and provide sound policy and technological options in order to develop adapted governance structures at various relevant levels. The call addresses the very foundations of governance and democracy by supporting the collection of new evidence and the development of policy options in key constitutional and institutional areas such as social rights in Europe, trust, citizenship, differentiation in the EU, open innovation, security and defence policy, digital democracy and also the delivery of public goods and the governance of the digital single market and of the European cloud infrastructure for public administration. Populism, polarisation and radicalisation are addressed from the angle of inclusive and reflective societies. International cooperation is also required in topics on global governance and violent extremism in the broader MENA region and the Balkans.
10 August 2018 14:58
An overview of the evaluation results (called 'Call results') of the topic DT-GOVERNANCE-05-2018-2019-2020 (CSA) is now available under section Topic conditions and documents - Additional documents.
30 July 2018 14:52
The following updates were made in the GOVERNANCE-2019 call “Governance for the Future” in July 2018:
Topic GOVERNANCE-04-2019: Under the “Scope”, a specification was made in the sentence “The merits or pitfalls of a potential harmonisation in social policy among Member States should be investigated. – I.e. “a potential” was added.
· Implementation year for Research and Innovation action part was added: 2019.
· Additional information to the description of part "a) Research and Innovation action (2019) was published : “Evidence of the benefits of the full implementation of the once-only and digital-by-default principles and user centricity and the transformative impact of new technologies such as blockchain should also be taken into account.” (I.e. addition of "and the transformative impact of new technologies such as blockchain")
· New paragraph was added: “For 2019 proposals shall include a minimum of six relevant national administrations (or legal entities designated to act on their behalf) in at least six different EU Member States or Associated Countries. The Commission expects to finance only one proposal under this action in 2019.”
· Implementation year for Coordination and Support Action part was added: 2018
New topic GOVERNANCE-16-2019 "Reversing Inequalities" was added.
New topic GOVERNANCE-17-2019 “Democratic crisis? Resolving socio-economic and political challenges to reinvigorate democracies” was added.
New topic GOVERNANCE-18-2019 "Innovation in government - building an agile and citizen-centric public sector" was added.
New topic GOVERNANCE-19-2019 "A European Social Catalyst Fund to scale up high performing social innovations in the provision of social services" was added.
Additions of new topics GOVERNANCE 16, 17, 18 and 19 are reflected in budget adjustments under the “Conditions for the Call”.
Specific eligibility criterion is published for the topic DT-GOVERNANCE-05-2019 under the “Conditions for the Call”: “Due to the specific challenge of this topic, for 2019 proposals shall include a minimum of six relevant national administrations (or legal entities designated to act on their behalf) in at least six different EU Member States or Associated Countries.”
Specific grant conditions are published for the topic GOVERNANCE-19-2019 under the “Conditions for the Call”: “For grants awarded under this topic [GOVERNANCE-19-2019: A European Social Catalyst Fund to scale-up high performing social innovations in the provision of social services] beneficiaries may provide support to third parties as described in part K of the General Annexes of the Work Programme. The support to third parties can only be provided in the form of grants. The respective options of Article 15.1 and Article 15.3 of the Model Grant Agreement will be applied.”
16 March 2018 16:19
The call deadline was Tuesday 13 March 2018 17 Pm. A total of 68 proposals were submitted in response to this call. The number of proposals for each topic and budget is shown below:DT-GOVERNANCE-05-2018-2019-2020 : 5 ( CSA ) 1.5 M
GOVERNANCE-02-2018-2019 : 7 ( RIA) 9 MGOVERNANCE-03-2018 : 27 ( RIA ) 9 MGOVERNANCE-06-2018 : 14 ( RIA ) 6 MGOVERNANCE-08-2018 : 4 (CSA) 9 MGOVERNANCE-14-2018 : 1 ( ERA-NET-Cofund ) 3MGOVERNANCE-15-2018 : 4 ( CSA ) 1.5MSU-GOVERNANCE-11-2018 : 6 ( CSA) 1.5M
28 February 2018 11:12
Dear applicants,We bring to your attention the following notice regarding page limits applicable to proposals.Applicants are allowed to remove the page break in the cover page of the template for the technical annex, i.e. the proposal text can start on the cover page.We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by the late notice on this.With kind regards,European Commission - Participant Portal Submission System team
- 07 November 2017 00:30 The submission session is now available for: SU-GOVERNANCE-11-2018(CSA), GOVERNANCE-02-2018-2019(RIA), GOVERNANCE-06-2018(RIA), GOVERNANCE-14-2018(ERA-NET-Cofund), GOVERNANCE-03-2018(RIA), GOVERNANCE-15-2018(CSA), DT-GOVERNANCE-05-2018-2019-2020(CSA), GOVERNANCE-08-2018(CSA)
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.