CALL: BETTER HEALTH AND CARE, ECONOMIC GROWTH AND SUSTAINABLE HEALTH SYSTEMS
Call identifier: H2020-SC1-BHC-2018-2020 Publication date: 27 October 2017
Call summary and aims
This call will aim at reconciling better health and healthy ageing with the need to develop sustainable health and care systems and growth opportunities for the health and care related industries. The scope of the call may range from prevention, diagnosis, stratified approaches, predictive toxicology, the development of novel and repurposed therapeutic approaches, including medical technologies and advanced therapies, cohorts and registries-based research, to integration of care and systemic digital solutions for health and ageing well. It aims to translate new knowledge into innovative applications and accelerate large-scale uptake and deployment in different health and care settings, making health and care systems and services more accessible, responsive and efficient in Europe and beyond. To this end, the inclusion of private companies and other innovators in the projects is encouraged.
Research areas to be addressed under this priority will implement and provide the evidence base for global and EU policies mentioned as 'policy drivers in the Introduction'. .
This call will be implemented through five main priorities:
- Personalised medicine
- Innovative health and care industry
- Infectious diseases and improving global health
- Innovative health and care systems - Integration of care
- Decoding the role of the environment, including climate change, for health and well-being
In recognition of the opening of the US National Institutes of Health’s programmes to European researchers, any legal entity established in the United States of America is eligible to receive Union funding to support its participation in projects supported under the following topics: SC1-BHC-01-2019, SC1-BHC-02-2019, SC1-BHC-03-2018, SC1-BHC-04-2018, SC1-BHC-05-2018, SC1-HCO-01-2018-2019-2020, SC1-HCO-02-2018, SC1-HCO-04-2018, SC1-BHC-07-2019, SC1-BHC-09-2018, SC1-BHC-10-2019, SC1-HCO-05-2018, SC1-BHC-13-2019, SC1-BHC-14-2019, SC1-BHC-15-2018, SC1-BHC-16-2018, SC1-BHC-18-2018, SC1-BHC-19-2019, SC1-BHC-21-2018, SC1-HCO-06-2018, SC1-HCO-08-2018, SC1-HCO-09-2018, SC1-HCO-10-2018, SC1-HCO-11-2018, SC1-BHC-22-2019, SC1-BHC-23-2018, SC1-BHC-25-2019, SC1-BHC-26-2018, SC1-HCO-12-2018, SC1-BHC-27-2018, SC1-BHC-28-2019, SC1-HCO-13-2018, SC1-BHC-30-2019, SC1-BHC-31-2019, SC1-BHC-32-2019 and SC1-HCO-15-2019.
Beneficiaries in grants signed under this call will be allowed to charge the cost of clinical studies on the basis of unit costs established in line with a methodology set up in the Commission Decision C(2016) 7553, which is available on the Participant Portal.
Beneficiaries in grants signed under this call may be required by the European Commission, in the context of a public health emergency, to provide timely open access or access rights to research data which are relevant for addressing a public health emergency. Therefore the relevant option of Article 29.3 of the Horizon 2020 Model Grant Agreement will be applied. It is expected that quality-controlled data are shared in accordance with the FAIR[[https://www.force11.org/group/fairgroup/fairprinciples]] principles.
- 27 July 2018 09:25 The submission session is now available for: SC1-BHC-32-2019(RIA), SC1-HCO-15-2019(CSA), SC1-BHC-31-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-10-2019(PCP), SC1-BHC-28-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-13-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-07-2019(RIA), SC1-HCO-01-2018-2019-2020(CSA)
- 26 July 2018 00:30 The submission session is now available for: SC1-BHC-22-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-19-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-14-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-01-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-30-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-02-2019(RIA), SC1-BHC-25-2019(IA)
17 May 2018 11:39
An overview of the evaluation results of the first stage (flash call info) for the topic SC1-BHC-15-2018 that closed on 06 February 2018 is now available under the "Topic conditions and documents" section on the topic page.
27 April 2018 09:57
The submission of proposals to the 21 topics of H2020-SC1-2018-Single-Stage-RTD closed on 18 April 2018. A total of 324 proposals were submitted. The number of proposals per topic is as follows:
- SC1-BHC-03-2018 (RIA): 27
- SC1-BHC-04-2018 (COFUND-EJP): 1
- SC1-BHC-05-2018 (RIA): 19
- SC1-BHC-09-2018 (RIA): 63
- SC1-BHC-16-2018 (RIA): 24
- SC1-BHC-18-2018 (RIA): 41
- SC1-BHC-21-2018 (RIA): 19
- SC1-BHC-23-2018 (RIA): 45
- SC1-BHC-26-2018 (RIA): 9
- SC1-BHC-27-2018 (RIA): 28
- SC1-HCO-01-2018-2019-2020 (CSA): 9
- SC1-HCO-02-2018 (CSA): 1
- SC1-HCO-04-2018 (ERA-NET-Cofund): 2
- SC1-HCO-05-2018 (CSA): 2
- SC1-HCO-06-2018 (CSA): 5
- SC1-HCO-08-2018 (CSA): 2
- SC1-HCO-09-2018 (CSA): 11
- SC1-HCO-10-2018 (CSA): 2
- SC1-HCO-11-2018 (CSA): 7
- SC1-HCO-12-2018 (CSA): 3
- SC1-HCO-13-2018 (CSA): 4
01 March 2018 11:36
Notice regarding page limits applicable to proposals: applicants are allowed to remove the page break in the cover page of the template for the technical annex, i.e. the proposal text can start on the cover page.
11 February 2018 15:51
The submission of proposals to topic SC1-BHC-15-2018 (first stage - outline proposals) closed on 06 February 2018. A total of 30 proposals were submitted.
- 07 November 2017 00:30 The submission session is now available for: SC1-HCO-02-2018(CSA), SC1-HCO-13-2018(CSA), SC1-HCO-05-2018(CSA), SC1-HCO-06-2018(CSA), SC1-HCO-08-2018(CSA), SC1-HCO-09-2018(CSA), SC1-HCO-10-2018(CSA), SC1-HCO-11-2018(CSA), SC1-BHC-16-2018(RIA), SC1-HCO-01-2018-2019-2020(CSA), SC1-BHC-21-2018(RIA), SC1-BHC-18-2018(RIA), SC1-BHC-27-2018(RIA), SC1-BHC-26-2018(RIA), SC1-BHC-23-2018(RIA), SC1-BHC-05-2018(RIA), SC1-HCO-04-2018(ERA-NET-Cofund), SC1-BHC-09-2018(RIA), SC1-HCO-12-2018(CSA), SC1-BHC-03-2018(RIA), SC1-BHC-04-2018(COFUND-EJP)
- 07 November 2017 00:30 The submission session is now available for: SC1-BHC-15-2018(RIA)
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.