Call summary and aims
Highlights of Call 2018
• The 2018 call is the fifth in a total of seven Calls between 2014 and 2020.
• 4 strategic orientations: Feedstock, Process, Products, and Market uptake.
• Call opening: 11 April 2018
• Call closure: 6 September 2018, 17:00 CET
• Proposal evaluations (indicative): October – November 2018
• Results sent to applicants (indicative): December 2018
Indicative budget: 115 million euros.
Estimated value of the in kind contributions by the members other than the Union or their constituent entities (BIC): Minimum 45 million euros.
- 11 April 2018 09:37 The submission session is now available for: BBI.2018.SO3.D4(BBI-IA-DEMO), BBI.2018.SO4.S2(BBI-CSA), BBI.2018.SO2.D3(BBI-IA-DEMO), BBI.2018.SO1.D2(BBI-IA-DEMO), BBI.2018.SO4.S1(BBI-CSA), BBI.2018.SO3.D5(BBI-IA-DEMO), BBI.2018.SO1.D1(BBI-IA-DEMO), BBI.2018.SO2.R4(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO3.F1(BBI-IA-FLAG), BBI.2018.SO3.R11(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO2.R3(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO3.F2(BBI-IA-FLAG), BBI.2018.SO4.S3(BBI-CSA), BBI.2018.SO3.R10(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO2.R2(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO3.R9(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO2.R8(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO2.R7(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO2.R6(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO2.R5(BBI-RIA), BBI.2018.SO1.R1(BBI-RIA)
11 April 2018 00:00
As part of the panel review, hearings will be organised for all submitted flagship proposals, as established in BBI JU’s Annual Work Plan 2018 to:
• clarify the proposals and help the panel establish their final assessment and scores
• improve the experts’ understanding of the proposals
Invitations to hearings will be sent to the flagship coordinators with all the relevant details during September.
According to the evaluation criteria for Innovation Actions (IA) and more specifically in the context of criterion ‘Quality and efficiency of the implementation’, the experts could request additional technical explanations/clarifications for the two following evaluation sub-criteria:
• Soundness of the business case and business plan
• Readiness of the technology for the implementation of the pilot phase, demonstration or flagship (TRL). Applicants should demonstrate the readiness of the technology for the implementation of the pilot phase. In particular, for flagships applicants must demonstrate that by the time of the submission of their application they have been operating relative demonstration scale plants at a significant production capacity.
Hearings will not be used to permit modifications to proposals.
The original submitted proposal remains the basis for final evaluation throughout.
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.