CALL: SUPPORTING THE PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF TRANSNATIONAL THEMATIC TOURISM PRODUCTS LINKED TO CULTURAL AND CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
Call identifier: COS-TOURCCI-2017-3-03 Publication date: 26 April 2017
Call summary and aims
This call for proposals aims at co-funding projects developing and promoting transnational tourism products related specifically to the Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) subsector 'cultural heritage'. A UNESCO cultural site/s must be the focal point around which the transnational product is built. A particular focus is also being placed on using CCIs-related technologies in promoting these tourism products and enhancing visitor's experience.
General objectives of this call for proposals are to:
- Support growth and job creation in tourism and CCIs;
- Stimulate competitiveness of the tourism industry, innovation, diversification and valorisation of European tourism offer;
- Develop and enhance synergies between tourism and CCIs;
- Create a favourable framework to SME’s cooperation;
- Foster transnational cooperation of all actors along the tourism value chain;
- Facilitate long-term European public-private partnerships.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are to:
- Strengthen transnational cooperation with regard to European cultural heritage and tourism;
- Raise awareness of European cultural heritage and increase its value, attractiveness and its potential for the development of the tourism sector;
- Encourage the development and diversification of the supply of tourism products and services by enhanced promotion of transnational thematic tourism products related to cultural heritage;
- Strengthen cross-border cooperation and the management skills of public or private bodies in charge of developing and promoting transnational thematic tourism products related to cultural heritage;
- Better market uptake and visibility of attractive European transnational tourism products focused on European cultural heritage;
- Enhance the competitiveness of the European tourism product through the use of CCI-related technologies;
- Create solid public-private partnerships and ensure cross-fertilisation of knowledge and experience between the participating destinations/organisations.
- 26 April 2017 00:30 The submission session is now available for: COS-2017-3-03(COSME-GA)
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.