EU Login provides a single sign-on to a large number of information systems available on the Funding & Tenders Portal.
To use the functions available on My Area, you must have an EU Login account.
- If you already have an EU Login account, you must use that one.
- Otherwise, you can create an EU Login account by clicking on the "Register" button on the Funding & Tenders Portal - all you need is your work e-mail address.
Note: The previously used ECAS account (European Commission Authentication System) name changed to EU Login on 3 November 2016 – the related guidance documents are being updated.
Creating an EU Login account
- Go to the EU Login register page and enter:
- your first name, last name and e-mail address
- the displayed security code.
- Select Create an account
You will receive an e-mail to the address that you specified, containing a link you should use to complete the registration process.
- Click the link and you will be asked to choose and confirm a password.
- Go to the Funding & Tenders Portal homepage.
- Click on Login and log in with the e-mail address and password you used when registering.
- Your EU Login password and user name is personal - do not share it with colleagues or anyone else. All transactions made with your account (user name, password) will be considered as having been made by yourself. Keep your password secure and change it regularly.
Logging in to the Funding & Tenders Portal with your EU Login account
After logging in, you can use the personalised services and tools available on the F&T Portal.
You also need to be logged in to:
- register an organisation and receive a PIC before submitting a proposal
- register as an independent expert helping the Commission evaluate proposals and review projects.
- Your EU Login account gives you only general access to the My Area, but it will not yet give you access to your organisation and projects/contracts data. This access depends on your roles and access rights.