Engine retrofit for clean air - € 1.5 Million
Rules & Guidance
Who can join the contest?
The contest will be open to any legal entity (including natural persons) or groups of legal entities. Target audience are individuals, SMEs, research centres, universities suppliers of components and car manufacturers.
Exclusion criteria foreseen in the provisions of articles 106(1), 107, 108 and 109 of the Financial Regulation (regulation 966/2012) will apply.
Participants already awarded an EU or Euratom prize cannot receive a second prize for the same activities.
How will your application be evaluated?
By 12 September 2017 17:00:00 CET participants have to submit the application through the Participant Portal and deliver the prototype (i.e. the donor vehicle with the installed innovation which has already been tested by the applicants, with no modifications) to the JRC in Ispra.
Applications will be evaluated by an independent expert jury of more than eight members. The jury will evaluate all eligible applications against the award criteria as described in part 5 of the Rules of Contest. The role of the expert jury will be to evaluate the accuracy and robustness of the provided data and assessments, and mark them accordingly.
In order to be able to better evaluate and compare applications, applicants may be invited to hearings to provide explanations to any consequential questions by the jury. The Commission may decide to submit the applicant prototype for verification testing at JRC, which can include chassis dynamometer and Real Driving Emissions tests.
Join the conversation
- Work Programme 2016/2017- Smart, green and integrated transport
- Directive 2008/50/EC on ambient air quality and cleaner air for Europe
- Directive 2004/107/EC relating to arsenic, cadmium, mercury, nickel and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in ambient air
- The Euro 5 and 6 standards in Regulation for motor vehicles with respect to emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles
- Regulation (EU) No 333/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council amending (EC) No 443/2009 to define the modalities for reaching the 2020 target to reduce CO2 emissions from new passenger cars
- Transport Research Arena 2018
- European Environment Agency - Premature deaths attributable to air pollution by country
- European Environment Agency - Air quality in Europe (2015 report)