PhD in Chemistry from the University of Buenos Aires. He has an extensive career as a research scientist in Argentina, the U.S. and Germany, specializing in cell biology, reproductive physiology and animal biotechnology. In 2002 he participated in the team that succeeded in the creation of the first Ibero-American cloned calf, genetically altered to produce milk containing human growth hormone (hGH). From 2003 to 2007 he was president of the National Agency for Science and Technology. He is the first one to hold the position of Minister of Science, Technology and Productive Innovation of Argentina.
The Minister of Science, Technology and Productive Innovation also holds the following positions:
- President of the Federal Council for Science and Technology (COFECYT).
- President of the Science and Technology Cabinet (GACTEC).
- Member of the Management Council of the Argentinean Nanotechnology Foundation (FAN).
- Member of the Advisory Commission on Cell Therapies and Regenerative Medicine.
Web site: http://www.mincyt.gob.ar/
- Featured in Conference session "Innovation Café: "Global challenges, global collaboration""
The Convention is pleased to host
Tweets about Innovation Convention 2014, "#euic2014"