Key innovation messages 2013: follow up to Vilnius Innovation Forum and the 5th European Innovation Summit
Fringe session organised by Knowledge4Innovation (K4I) and the Lithuanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2013
Studio 213/215, 10/03/2014 (14:00-15:15)
In 2013 two major innovation summit events were organised in Vilnius and Brussels. The Vilnius Innovation Forum and the 5th European Innovation Summit both resulted in a series of new messages and actions that will be presented and discussed during this fringe session. As a main outcome of the 5th European Innovation Summit, the closing ceremony presented “5 Calls for Action to wake up Europe and make innovation happen“. The participants of the first Vilnius Innovation Forum 2013 “Innovation Drift” have agreed upon the declaration concluding 10 main principles for shaping European innovation policy. The declaration emphasizes the importance that Member States continue to increase investments in research and innovation. European countries have to continue to put joint efforts in creating a common European Innovation Ecosystem. Investment, both public and private, in research and innovation fosters productivity and growth and is a key for job creation. The declaration was delivered to European Commission.
- Mr Lambert van Nistelrooij, MEP, Chairman of the Knowledge4innovation Forum Governing Board
- Dr. Gernot Klotz, Executive Director Research and Innovation, Cefic
- Dr. Albertas Žalys, the Ministry of Education and Science, Department of the Higher Education, Science and Technology
- Mr Dimitrijus Kucevicius, Ministry of Economy, director of the Department of Innovation and Knowledge Society
Moderator: Dr. Roland Strauss, Managing Director at Knowledge4Innovation
Links and Documents
- Knowledge4Innovation website
- Lithuanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2013 - website
The Convention is pleased to host
Tweets about Innovation Convention 2014, "#euic2014"