Enhancing the impact of the Innovation Union
Fringe event organised by the European Research and Innovation Area Board (ERIAB), Innovation for Growth (I4G) and the European Forum on Forward Looking Activities (EFFLA)
Studio 201, 11/03/2014 (09:00-10:45)
Based on the conclusions and recommendations of the 2nd policy statement of the European Research and Innovation Area Board (ERIAB) “Comprehensive review of the Innovation Union and ERA (“stress-test”)" representatives of ERIAB will present their views on how to enhance the impact of the Innovation Union (IU) in the coming years. The general review of the IU mainly focuses on three dimensions: global dimension, demand and supply side of innovation, and innovation and knowledge divide. The discussion will follow these guidelines and will summarize the main findings and recommendations for Europe 2014 and beyond. Furthermore, representatives of the other two high-level advisory groups 'innovation for growth (i4g)' and 'European Forum of Forward Looking Activities (EFFLA)' will comment on the ERIAB stress-test from an economic and foresight point of view.
- Prof. Luc Soete, Rector of Maastricht University, Chair of ERIAB
- Dr. Barbara Haering, Chief Executive of econcept Inc., Zürich, Co-Chair of ERIAB
- Prof. Toivo Maimets, Professor of Cell Biology and Director, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, 2003- 2005 Minister of Education and Research, Republic of Estonia, ERIAB member
- Prof. Lena Tsipouri, Professor in the Department of Economic Sciences at the University of Athens, Chair of i4g
- Prof. Luke Georghiou, Vice-President for Research and Innovation at Manchester Business School, Member of EFFLA
Moderator: Richard Hudson, CEO and editor Science Business
Links and Documents
The Convention is pleased to host
Tweets about Innovation Convention 2014, "#euic2014"