Innovation in Adversity: Is necessity the mother of invention?
Gold Hall, 10/03/2014 (15:15-16:30)
Most of the work on understanding the process of innovation has been conducted in economies at more advanced stages of development. However, rural and/or a less privileged environment in developing countries compel people to be more resourceful. Entrepreneurship and frugal innovation can therefore play a great role in country development. How do you create an innovation model for everyone? How important is frugal innovation for the development of services and how can you create affordable products in developing countries? This session will address the role of innovation in developing countries to lift them out of poverty and build better lives. It will also discuss new policy approaches towards innovation and development cooperation.
- Hanan DOWIDAR (Vice President, Forum for Euro-Mediterranean Innovation in Action), Speaker
- Barbara JAMES (Founder and CEO of Henshaw Capital Partners, Nigeria), Speaker
- Bunker ROY (Founder Director of Barefoot College, India), Speaker
- R.A. MASHELKAR (Chairman, National Innovation Foundation, India), Speaker
- Catarina ROLFSDOTTER-JANSSON (Journalist, moderator, innovator, Sweden), Moderator
The Convention is pleased to host
Tweets about Innovation Convention 2014, "#euic2014"