The digital revolution: riding the next wave of innovation
Gold Hall, 11/03/2014 (09:30-10:45)
Europe is hungry for innovation success stories but it’s the challenges these innovators encounter on their way to success that ultimately tell us how easy it is to create and scale up a business in Europe today. Lack of entrepreneurial climate and a challenging regulatory environment in some parts of the EU make the landscape still unfit for many potential start-ups. By exploring the life-cycle of an entrepreneur, this session will bring together leading entrepreneurs to share insights and antidotes on how they found success. Has Europe put in place the necessary tools to trigger the next wave of innovative firms and generate the necessary growth? What are the collective solutions that the young generation expects today from all the key actors of the ecosystem, from policy-makers to business leaders? What are the right skills, mind-set and business environment that will improve Europe’s position as a global hub of innovation? What can we learn from current successful initiatives across the world, from Eastern Europe to America?
Links and Documents
- Eduardo NAVARRO (Chief Commercial Digital Officer at Telefónica S.A, Spain), Speaker
- Anne-Marie IMAFIDON (Head and founder of Stemettes, United Kingdom), Speaker
- Doug RICHARD (CEO & Founder, School For Startups), Speaker
- Mark SURMAN (Executive Director, Mozilla Foundation, United States of America), Speaker
- Erki URVA (Chairman of the Management Board, Estonian Information Technology Foundation for Education, Estonia), Speaker
- Ann METTLER (Moderator - Executive director and co-founder of The Lisbon Council), Moderator
The Convention is pleased to host
Tweets about Innovation Convention 2014, "#euic2014"