Standards: Can they spur or kill innovation?
Fringe event organised by Science Business Innovation Board
Studio 214/216, 11/03/2014 (11:15-12:30)
Around the world, the technical standard-setting process is a cumbersome but necessary business. But is there a better way to do it? Can we devise a more flexible, dynamic system for setting standards and norms that would adapt more quickly to changing technologies and local member-state needs? A panel, organised by the Science|Business Innovation Board AISBL, would include original research on the topic by Board member ESADE Business School.
- Sabine Brunswicker, Head of Open Innovation,Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering
- Jonathan Wareham, Vice-dean for Research, ESADE
- Howard Fogt, Partner, Foley and Lardner
- Alan Begg, SVP for Technology, SKF Group
- Reinhilde Veugeleurs, Professor of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation, KULeuven
- Jim Beveridge, Director of International Technology Affairs, Microsoft
- Mohammed Chakri, Partnerships Director, Sanofi R&D
- Richard L. Hudson, CEO & Editor, Science|Business
Links and Documents
The Convention is pleased to host
Tweets about Innovation Convention 2014, "#euic2014"