Bridging the gender gap and accelerating innovative sustainable growth
Fringe session organised by the European Women Inventors & Innovators Network (EUWIIN) and the European Platform of Women Scientists (EPWS)
Studio 213/215, 11/03/2014 (09:00-10:45)
This session brings relevant and high profile speaker dialogue with highlights of successful case studies that focus on the progress and impact of some of Europe’s most fascinating and worthwhile social and product innovations. A significant feature of the session shall demonstrate the capacity building measures taken by European Women Inventors & Innovators Network (EUWIIN) and the exchange of knowledge by the Platform of Women Scientists EPWS.
Furthermore, learn how EUWIIN have created opportunities and have assisted in boosting an increase in percentages since the 2009, European Commission report on ‘Evaluation on policy: Promotion of Women Innovators and Entrepreneurship‘ data which revealed women scoring less than men when accessing the level of innovation of their own businesses.
In addition, learn from the talks by EPWS on the evidence of excellent research of innovation and gender dimension. Focus shall be on sustainable growth based on Innovation in technical fields and in many other domains.
This session shall benefit from the participation of the winners of the EU Prize for Women Innovators 2014 and Ms Gitte Neubauer, Laureate in 2011 who add impetus to the discussion that will follow.
9H00 Introduction and purpose
9H05 EUROPEAN WOMEN INVENTORS & INNOVATORS NETWORK (EUWIIN)
Case Studies and capacity building measures - A crucial option
9H55 EUROPEAN PLATFORM OF WOMEN SCIENTISTS (EPWS)
Gender and Innovation
- Would you like to generate values within your process of Innovation? Gendered Innovations is the right resource!
- Gender Balanced Science Culture to Foster Innovation
10H35 interactive discussion, with the participation of Ms Gitte Neubauer, Laureate of the EU Prize for Women Innovators 2011, and the winners of the 2014 Awards, and Conclusion
- Ms Ylva Ryngebo, Managing Director, Medical Innovation Design, Sweden
- Ms Sheena Lewis, Professor, Queen's University Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Ms Elinora Inga Sigurdardottir, Founder and Chairman of KVENN, QUIN - (Icelandic Women Inventors and Innovators Network) Iceland
- Ms Marie-Hélène Therre, Member of European Platform of Women Scientists, Contributor to the EU project ‘Gendered Innovations’ and Member of the European COST-GenderSTE Network, France
- Ms Brigitte Muehlenbruch, President, European Platform of Women Scientists, Germany
- Ms Claudine Hermann, Vice-President, European Platform of Women Scientists, France
Moderator: Ms Bola Olabisi, Director, European Women Inventors & Innovators Network (EUWIIN), United Kingdom
Links and Documents
The Convention is pleased to host
Tweets about Innovation Convention 2014, "#euic2014"