Driving Public Sector Innovation. Followed by Award Ceremony for Innovation in Public Services
Fringe session organised by the European Centre for Government Transformation (ECGT)
Studio 211/212, 10/03/2014 (16:30-18:15)
This session will focus on drivers of innovation in the public sector, introduced by renowned experts and practitioners in the form of brief, thought-provoking firecracker interventions. The discussion will be enriched by winners of the first European Prize for Innovation in Public Administration who will take to the floor to share key insights. Join a one-of-its kind discourse about one of the most pressing issues of our time.
The debate will be followed immediately by an award ceremony for College of Europe students who took part in a public sector transformation case study competition. Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, European commissioner for research, innovation and science, will use the occasion to highlight the importance of public sector innovation in Horizon 2020, and also hand over the winning prize.
- Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science
Firecracker Interventions by:
- Dr. Peter Dröll, Acting Director, Innovation Union and European Research Area, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission (tbc)
- Mr Bernard Le Masson, Global Managing Director, Health and Public Service, Management Consulting, Accenture
In the presence of:
- the nine winners of the European Prize for Innovation in Public Administration (PIPA)
- College of Europe students
- Mr Olivier Costa, Professor and Director, European political and administrative studies, College of Europe
Moderator: Ms Ann Mettler, Executive Director, The Lisbon Council
Links and Documents
- European Centre for Government Transformation website
- European Prize for Innovation in Public Administration
The Convention is pleased to host
Tweets about Innovation Convention 2014, "#euic2014"