EU RESEARCH AND INNOVATION IN SUPPORT OF THE EARTH OBSERVATION MARKET
21-22 September 2016, Covent Garden, Place Rogier 16, 1210 Brussels
The overall objective of this workshop was to explore Research and Innovation (R&I) actions needed for the development of a dynamic Earth observation (EO) market in Europe in relation to the Copernicus and GEO initiatives (Group on Earth Observations).
The three main themes of the workshop were the following:
To characterise the current EO market in Europe and globally and its future trends (new EO services and products);
To identify R&I actions in support to the delivery of new EO services and products g. within Copernicus and GEO (Group on Earth Observations), and definition of appropriate measures to accelerate their uptake by industry;
To elaborate a mechanism for consulting/involving the European commercial sector towards GEO and Copernicus taking into account the dialogue already initiated between the two programmes.
You will find below the presentations given during the workshop.
- Breakout Session 1 - R&I for the development of new EO services and products that are addressing citizen's needs: B2C – Business to Citizens 10.9 MB
- Breakout Session 2 - R&I supporting the development of EO products and services addressing governmental needs: B2G – Business to Government 12.4 MB
- Breakout Session 3 - R&I supporting the development of EO products and services addressing the needs of various industrial sectors: B2B – Business to Business 12.6 MB
- Breakout Session 4 - R&I in the domain of EO data access, cloud storage and computing with a special focus on innovation data hubs 6.9 MB
- Breakout Session 5 - Legal and Technical R&I Frameworks in support of innovative EO market and new business developments 6.6 MB
- Breakout Session 6 - R&I for EO products and services in the following GEO SBA's: Energy and Mineral Resources, Sustainable Urban Development, Infrastructure Development, Infrastructure and Transportation 8.6 MB
- PLENARY SESSION 1: Exploring market trends and EO products and services of the future 7.6 MB
- PLENARY SESSION 2: Necessary R&I conditions for the development of the European EO market 5.6 MB
- PLENARY SESSION 4: National and regional views on commercial alliances towards GEO and Copernicus both regarding the service and research component of the initiatives 5.5 MB
- PLENARY SESSION 3: Rationale and way forward towards the establishment of a structured consultation/collaborative mechanism between the European commercial sector and GEO and Copernicus 2.9 MB
- CONCLUSION OF THE WORKSHOP 580 KB
Back to All Events
21-22 June 2018, Southampton, United Kingdom - UKRO Conference 2018
28 September 2018, Vienna, Austria - Human biomonitoring in Europe – science and policy for healthy citizens
11-12 October 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands - STEMM Equality Congress
25-26 October 2018, Berlin, Germany. - Second Arctic Science Ministerial