COP 22 - 22nd Session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
7-18 November 2016, Marrakech, Morocco
DG Research and Innovation, as a member of the European Commission's negotiating task force led by DG CLIMA, will showcase at COP 22 the contribution of research and innovation on climate-related challenges. Several side events will be organised in the European Union Pavilion, in particular on the 15th of November:
- 10:30 to 12:00 - The Future of Climate Change Adaptation: Promoting Adaptation Research and Action around the World. With the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment
- 12:30 to 14:00 - Climate Services for Africa in partnership with the Global Framework for Climate Services. This event will bring together global providers and users of climate services to share insights into present and future solutions that will assist us with events such as El Niño, and enhance our ability to address the challenges of adaptation, mitigation and disaster risk reduction.
- 14:30 to 16:00 - Water-Energy-Food: Research and Innovation to address the nexus in the Mediterranean. Land, food, energy, water and climate are interconnected though a complex system, dominated by interdependencies between human activities and natural environment. This event will bring together institutional actors and R&I stakeholders to share insights into challenges and solutions for a low-carbon economy interlinked with sustainable management of resources. The following projects will be showcased:
Several side-events will feature EU-funded projets:
- 7 November - Ratcheting up NDCs: Consistent national roadmaps towards the global objective of 1.5C and 2C / 2030 & 2050 milestones for deep decarbonization pathways towards 1.5 and 2 degrees by CD-LINK and ADVANCE
- 7 November - Reducing Emissions through Consumption-based Accounting & Policies A post-Paris Roadmap by CARBON CAP
- 8 November - Social innovation needs in Water and Climate: regional priorities in Africa by the AfriAlliance
- 12 November - Boosting sustainable mobility and delivering on the Paris Agreement and the New Urban Agenda by SOLUTIONS
- 18 November - Arctic change and its implications for global risk by EU-POLARNET and ICE-ARC
Schedules may still be subject to change. Update is available here.
Back to All Events
26 April 2018, Kinsale, Ireland - Foodborne pathogens: from farm to pharmacy
14-18 May 2018, Copenhagen, Denmark - 26th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition -EUBCE 2018