European science: The next generation
This month we hear from the next generation of scientists and researchers in Europe about how they’re shaping the future, what they see as urgent research priorities to tackle global challenges, and the impact of the pandemic. From biodiversity to how to make industry greener, and the digital divide to the future of work, our stories reflect some of the issues that will be under discussion at the European Commission’s annual Research & Innovation Days conference at the end of June. We look at the impact of Europe’s pandemic response on vulnerable populations, ask five young bioeconomy researchers what this economy really is and how we get there, examine what new business models mean for the future of work, and more.
- Why automation and flexible jobs could lead to more meaningful work
- Q&A: ‘You are the generation which I hope will fix our society’
- Covid-19 hastened the digital shift with consequences for the ‘data divide’, wellbeing
- How we prepare for an ‘age of pandemics’
- Cities that connect people and nature are a post-pandemic priority, conference hears