RegioStars Awards 2013
There are five RegioStars Award categories for 2013:
- SMART GROWTH: Connecting universities to regional growth
- SUSTAINABLE GROWTH: Supporting resource efficiency in SMEs
- INCLUSIVE GROWTH: Social innovation: creative responses to societal challenges
- CITYSTAR CATEGORY: Integrated approaches to sustainable urban development
- INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION CATEGORY: Promoting EU Regional policy using short videos
Award criteria for thematic categories 1-4
- Innovative character of the project
- Impact or expected impact of the project in terms of initial objectives
- Expected sustainability of the project: Evidence could include development towards self-financing or demonstration that the project has or will be part of a succession of projects sequentially funded by other EU financial instruments.
- Project's results in enhancing local, regional and interregional partnerships: Evidence could include demonstration that the project was inspired by another region's project/programme or shared with another region.
Award criteria for category 5 - Information and communication
- The video increases the visibility of European Regional policy by:
- presenting the results of one or several projects
- showing how/why the EU regional policy and its funds support the development strategy of a region,
- raising awareness about an operational programme / funding opportunities from the ERDF, CF or ESF.
The video has to cover at least one of the above elements.
- Effective dissemination of the video: How has the video been used in communication activities? Was the video part of a communication plan? Where was it shown?
- Quality and impact of the video: the video will be judged on its creativity and its ability to interest the viewer.
Smart Growth - Connecting universities to regional growth
Prof. John Goddard (UK), Emeritus Professor of Regional Development Studies - Centre for Urban & Regional Development Studies (CURDS) - Newcastle University
Mr Günter Scheer (AT), Associate of the Rainer & Scheer Business Consulting ltd
Inclusive growth - Social innovation: creative responses to societal challenges
Mr Luis Jerónimo (PT), Gulbenkian Human Development Programme
Ms Antonella Noya (IT), Senior Policy Analyst and the Manager of the OECD/LEED Forum on Social Innovations
Information and Communication - Promoting EU Regional policy using short videos
Mr Paul Corthouts (BE), cinematographer and film maker for the Flemish government
Mr Gerald Gross (AT), Managing Director of gross.media, Vienna
|Regiostars 2013 : presentation of the finalists|
RegioStars 2013 has seen a record 149 applications from project promoters and regions from all Member States.
The RegioStars Jury, under the chairmanship of Mr Luc Van den Brande, chose 27 finalists across the five categories.
The 2013 finalists, in no particular order, are as follows:
Category 1. SMART GROWTH: Connecting universities to regional growth
"Technopol Programme" - Lower Austria, AT
"CoOPTICS - Innovation to markets" – Thuringia, DE
"University-Business Knowledge Transfer" – Castilla y León, ES
"UPTEC – Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia da Universidade do Porto" – North of Portugal, PT
"SLIM III" – North-Mid Sweden, SE
"Innovation In Crops" - East of England, UK
Category 2. SUSTAINABLE GROWTH: Supporting resource efficiency in SMEs
"Green Business Growth in SMEs" - Southern Denmark, DK
"ENWORKS Resource Efficiency Support" - North West England, UK
"Hydrogen region Flanders - South Netherlands" – European Territorial Cooperation
"MED-Laine" - European Territorial Cooperation
"Cradle to Cradle Islands" - European Territorial Cooperation
Category 3. INCLUSIVE GROWTH: Social innovation: creative responses to societal challenges
"The Living Lab on Wellbeing Services and Technology" - Western Finland, FI
"Individual Employment Paths" - Warmińsko-Mazurskie, PL
"Strides Alliance Partnership" – Wales, UK
"PASE - Public Policies and Social Enterprises" – European Territorial Cooperation
"SUCCESS" - European Territorial Cooperation
Category 4. CITYSTAR: Integrated approaches to sustainable urban development
"WienWin" – Vienna, AT
"Park Spoor Noord" – Antwerp, BE
"Neighbourhood Management Berlin" – Berlin, DE
"Revitalisation of Mill Islands" – Bydgoszcz, PL
"MalmöLund – Metropolitan region" – Malmö, SE
Category 5. INFORMATION ET COMMUNICATION: Promoting EU Regional policy using short videos
"www.efro.be" - Province of West-Flanders, BE
"www.eu-fonds.brandenburg.de" – Brandenburg, DE
"www.agenciasopa.es" – Andalusia, ES
"www.esparama.lt/regiostars" – Lithuania, LT
"www.cosafe.eu" – Västerbotten, SE
" www.interact-eu.net" - European Territorial Cooperation
RegioStars 2013 Winners
Watch the RegioStars Award Ceremony 2013's video.
Follow the summary of the evening on Storify.