The Programme aims to boost economic development and create job opportunities in the Ionian Islands. It contributes to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, also in line with the smart specialisation strategy. It should create jobs and help SMEs to become more competitive and innovation-driven. EU funding will also contribute to meeting the requirements of the Union's acquis, in particular as regards waste water treatment and the increase of solid waste recycling, and increasing energy efficiency.
The OP will contribute to promoting the following key priorities:
- "Reinforcement of regional competitiveness, with development of entrepreneurship, innovation and ICT" (ERDF – 10.45% of the EU allocation): Strengthening research, technological development and innovation, enhancing access to information and communication technologies, reinforcing the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises.
- "Environmental protection and sustainable development" (ERDF – 39.3% of the EU allocation): increasing energy efficiency in public and private buildings.
- "Enhancement of transport infrastructures" (ERDF – 15.55% of the EU allocation): promoting sustainable transport and removing bottlenecks in key network infrastructures.
- "Enhancement of educational, health and social infrastructures" (ERDF – 18.8% of the EU allocation): promoting social integration and combating poverty and any kind of discrimination, investing in education as well as in health and social care.
- "Social integration, development of human resources and fight against exclusion and combatting poverty and discrimination" (ESF – 14.01% of the EU allocation): improving qualitative employment and supporting regional labour mobility, combatting any kind of discrimination, promoting social enterprises and social integration.
- "Technical Assistance" (ERDF - 1.58% and ESF 0.26% of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support of more than 100 SMEs and cooperation of more than 10 enterprises with research institutions;
- Creation of 72.5 full time equivalent jobs;
- Improved water supply to additional 65,000 persons and solid waste treatment to additional 3,341 persons;
- Year reduction in CO² 234 tones equivalent;
- Support of 30 social enterprises while 350 unemployed should benefit from the programme.
- Expected total length of upgraded roads to reach 13 km by 2023.
- The inhabitants covered by improved health services is expected to reach more than 35,000 people
Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 132.015.204,00 €
European Social Fund (ESF): 29.342.022,00 €
Thematic prioritiesView the data
Total OP budget: 201.696.536,00 €
Total EU contribution: 161.357.226,00 €View the data