Interreg V-A - Spain-Portugal (Madeira-Açores-Canarias (MAC))
The cooperation programme Spain-Portugal (Madeira, Canaries and Azores) addresses the most important cross-border challenges linked to the implementation of the Europe 2020 strategy in the 3 Archipelagos border regions.
Strategically, within the two axes "Smart Growth", the programme contributes to a strengthened cross-border regional innovation capacity (axis 1) as well as to an increased cooperation of small and medium-sized enterprises and research and development sector across borders (axis 2).
At the same time, within the two axes linked to climate change and protecting the environment, the programme foresees actions aiming at promoting climate change adaptation (axis 3), risk prevention and management, reducing the environmental impact of the economic development and promoting resource efficiency (axis 4).
Finally, within the axis "Territorial cohesion" the programme plans actions targeting the development and improvement of cross-border public services and the enhancement of the identification of citizens with the Archipelagos border regions.
The five priorities of the programme are:
- Broadening and improving cross-border capacities in research, development and innovation (EU-funding: €26.2 million).
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs (EU-funding: €20.8 million).
- Promoting climate change adaptation (EU-funding: €15.6 million).
- Conserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency (EU-funding: €31.2 million).
- Promoting co-operation in legal and administrative questions and between citizens and institutions (EU-funding: €10.1 million).
An additional €6.6 million will be provided for technical assistance.
The EU-funding of €110.6 million will be complemented by more than €19.5 million euro co-financing from national sources. The total volume of the programme is more than € 130.1 million.
- more than 109 researchers will work in improved research infrastructure facilities and common projects with 37 enterprises
- 354 enterprises will conduct cross- border activities
- 1,307,937 citizens are concerned by future concrete projects on the ground
- 22,862 Hectares will be supported to attain a better conservation status
- 169,858 citizens are concerned by future concrete projects on the ground
- Região Autónoma dos AÇORES
- Região Autónoma da MADEIRA
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 126,506,503.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
Total OP budget: 148,831,183.00 €
Total EU contribution: 126,506,503.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB007
Regional Government of the Canary Islands - Viceconsejería de Economía y Asuntos Económicos con la Unión Europea
C/ León y Castillo 200 - Edificio Servicios Múltiples III 4ª planta
35071 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
928 89 94 00
OTVORENI PODACI europskih strukturnih i investicijskih (ESI) fondova
Postignuća i financijeInterreg V-A - Spain-Portugal (Madeira-Açores-Canarias (MAC))