Interreg V-A - France (Saint Martin-Sint Maarten)
The Interreg V Saint Martin – Sint Maarten cooperation programme for the period 2014-2020 focuses on cross-border cooperation between the French outermost region of Saint Martin and the Dutch overseas country and territory (OCT) of Sint Maarten.
- Improving the level of infrastructure in the field of water and sanitation, as well as environmental protection, in particular through the construction of a cross-border waste treatment plant (total cost: EUR 6.6 million, including EUR 5.5 million from the ERDF). The programme also includes protection measures for biodiversity and ecosystems in the Simpson Bay lagoon.
- Preventing risks of flooding through better management and control of rainwater, especially in the Belle-Plaine border area where recurring floods regularly cause considerable damage (total cost: EUR 3.6 million, including a contribution of EUR 3 million from the ERDF).
In addition, EUR 1.8 million, including EUR 1.5 million from the ERDF, is set aside for technical assistance.
This programme should also involve the European Development Fund (EDF) in relation to the construction of the cross-border treatment plant (which will be located on the Dutch side of the island).
- Construction of a waste treatment plant at Cole Bay and pipes connecting it to around 15 000 inhabitants on either side of the border.
- Regeneration of more than 800 hectares of the Simpson Bay lagoon.
- A 50% reduction in the population exposed to risks of flooding.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 10,000,000.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
Total OP budget: 12,000,000.00 €
Total EU contribution: 10,000,000.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB043
Préfecture de St Martin
Route du Fort Louis
F-97150 Saint Martin
00 590 590 29 09 21
OTVORENI PODACI europskih strukturnih i investicijskih (ESI) fondova
Postignuća i financijeInterreg V-A - France (Saint Martin-Sint Maarten)