EU Regions Hackathon #ideas4EU
“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
What can the EU do for you? What can the EU do for your family, your friends, your city, your region, your country? Do you know? Do they know? We need to make this important and necessary information as widely available as possible!
Every day we are working to make sure you can find the online information you need about the EU easily and fast. We are trying to make it clear and keep it up to date, developing content that is dynamic, relevant, and user-friendly. And now we turn to you to make it even better.
- Bring fresh ideas to the table & have the capacity to make them come to reality
- Possess solid knowledge about IT development, and open data
- Can deliver web or mobile solutions with an impact throughout the entire European Union
Then we are looking for you!
What is the challenge?
The EU Regions Hackathon #ideas4EU consists of a single challenge: ‘Get closer to citizens’
- Condition:to combine at least one domain (events, projects, funding, …) from the REGIO website with at least one dataset on the ESIF Open Data Portal, European Data Portal, EU Open Data Portal, Eurostat website, Europa portal, Copernicus website, Galileo website, Interoperability solutions website, Building blocks Page or any other dataset (open or not).
- Goal: to create a new insight, business model or business concept through open data in order to engage with EU citizens
What should the result be?
The result should be a new, original mobile or web application, visualisation or demonstration of applying data science by linking datasets for generating new insights and engagement. The result should address a need or problem of free choice and present its relevance in context.
Read the rules and submit your #Ideas4EU by 28 July 2019. The selected finalists will come to Brussels to present their proposals during the four days of the European Week of Regions and Cities in October 2019. The event is the largest gathering of local and regional administration representatives and public investors in Europe.
Amongst these finalists, the winning team will be awarded two tickets to the Web Summit in Lisbon in November 2019. The team will have the opportunity to reach out and present its solution to the 70 000 participants therein, who range from the fast growing start-ups to the established entrepreneurs and private investors at the top of the global tech industry.