Action Plan on Public Procurement
The Commission's Public Procurement Action Plan sets out a series of concrete actions to help Member States to improve the performance of both administrations and beneficiaries in applying public procurement for Cohesion policy investments.
The 4th revision of the Action Plan’2020 includes a series of new initiatives to help improving public procurement practices, properly using the public procurement framework in an emergency situation, ensuring a level playing field and using a procurement as a strategic tool to pursue key policy objectives.
Key actions of the plan include:
- support related to using the public procurement framework in the emergency situation related to the COVID-19 crisis – Guidance
- contribution to A European Green Deal by promoting strategic (circular) procurement in Cohesion policy programmes for 2021-2027
- one stop shop portal Public procurement competence centre, recommendation on the professionalisation of public procurement and ProcurCompEU- the European competency framework for public procurement professionals
- a guide to support public officials across the EU to avoid the most frequent errors and adopt best practices - Press Release
- overview of typology of public procurement errors reported by national audit authorities and errors detected by REGIO auditors
- an updated training courses for Member State authorities managing Cohesion policy funding on public procurement directives, strategic procurement and contribution to green and digital recovery, tools to ensure level playing field and other topics.
- pilot projects with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to promote the strategic use of public procurement to pursue Cohesion policy objectives
- pilot project on open public procurement data with EBRD and Open Contracting Partnership to test with Greece and Poland authorities innovative solution for further transparency and efficiency (see factsheet and visual). Watch the recording of the kick off meeting
- Integrity Pacts pilots- a tool to improve transparency and accountability in public procurement in cooperation with Transparency International - in a number of EU-funded projects
- the study and dashboard on Single bidding and non-competitive tendering procedures in EU co-funded projects
- experience and good practice sharing through the TAIEX-REGIO Peer 2 Peer and Communities of Practitioners
- research for good practices in the field of socially responsible public procurement and update of the Buying Social guide
- e-library of good practices in public procurement in the context of European Structural and Investment (ESI) Funds
- a stock-taking study on administrative capacity in the field of public procurement with country-specific information and recommendations