Impact evaluation centre
DG Regional Policy has produced a technical reference for impact evaluation on Evalsed. This includes a discussion of the possibilities and limits of the method, as well as descriptions of the main methods.
Going deeper - reference materials and resources
Impact evaluation network
We host an impact evaluation network on RegioNetwork2020.
DG Regio's spring school
We ran a spring school introducing the methods in Hungary on 15-20 May 2011. The full programme of all 22 presentations can be found on the impact evaluation network (see above), but highlights included:
- Why impact evaluation?
- The logic of counterfactuals, the example of difference-in-difference
- First steps in impact evaluation, an example from DG Regio's evaluation work
- Practical issues in applying the method
- Three examples in practice
- DG Regio's current programme of impact evaluations
Schools and training opportunities
Training sessions run by outside bodies include:
- A summer school (at a technical level) in the Alps
- A winter school (at an advanced technical level) in Trento