Outcomes of the webinar on cooperation actions and EU macro-regional and sea-basin strategies
An online webinar, jointly organised by DG REGIO and Interact on 30 June 2022, explored the EU’s planned cooperation measures beyond regional borders, as well as EU macro-regional strategies and sea-basin strategies.
The webinar was divided into two sessions: on embedding cooperation actions within the IJG (Investment for Jobs and Growth) Goal in the morning, followed by embedding EU macro-regional strategies and sea-basin strategies in the afternoon.
The aim of the meeting was to bring together representatives from the cohesion policy funds mainstream programmes Managing Authorities, European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF) programmes, Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA III) programmes, Neighbourhood, Development and International Cooperation Instrument (NDCI) programmes, as well as the Interreg programmes and EU macro-regional strategies and sea-basin strategies implementers to:
- help embed cooperation in funding programmes;
- openly discuss the practical implementation and embedding of the EU macro-regional and sea basin strategies.
Given the huge coordination exercise also needed from the Commission, several services (DG REGIO, GROW, MARE, EMPL, NEAR) joined to ensure internal cooperation for the embedding process.
The webinar showed that:
- embedding cooperation (meaning both cooperation actions and EU macro-regional strategies/sea-basin strategies) in funding programmes improves efficiency, impact and benefits
- implementing embedding cooperation is possible, taking inspiration from best practice and established initiatives available at cooperationactions.eu
- the embedding cooperation process involves several European Commission services, funding authorities, Institutions and stakeholders (within and outside the EU) and it is a joint effort
The summary of the interventions, discussions and the presentations are available at the Interact website.