#Youth4Regions press trips 2020: applications open for aspiring journalists
In order to increase awareness of EU Regional Policy and to fight disinformation, the European Commission’s department for regional policy encourages journalism students and young journalists to cover regional policy stories.
The Commission will continue in 2020 the press trips programme for journalists that was started in 2019. Applications are accepted from applicants meeting the following conditions:
- Citizenship of an EU Member State or a neighbouring country included in EU macroregional strategies (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine)
- 18 to 30 years of age
- Journalism studies in the European Union or above mentioned neighbouring countries, or
- Graduated journalism studies in the EU or above mentioned neighbouring countries in the past 2 years and is working as a journalist
- Has not participated in the 2019 Youth4Regions press trips
What we offer:
- Accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
- The opportunity to work side by side with established journalists
- Valuable new knowledge on the European Union’s work in the regions
In 2020, you can take part in the following press trips:
- Outermost Regions Forum 2020 (23-24 March; Brussels, Belgium)
- Adriatic-Ionian Forum (May, date tbc; Belgrade, Serbia)
- Baltic Forum (June, date tbc; Helsinki, Finland)
- Danube Forum (October, date tbc; Zagreb, Croatia)
- Alpine Forum (November, France, date and location tbc)
If you are interested in applying, please send us your article (400 – 800 words) on a subject related to the topic of the specific press trip you wish to attend. Use the following application form. The deadline for applications is 06 January 2020, 17:00 CET.
The press trips are part of the Youth4Regions programme for aspiring journalists.