#Youth4Regions press trips: applications open for aspiring journalists
In order to increase awareness of regional policy and fight disinformation, European Commission's DG REGIO encourages journalism students and young journalists to cover regional policy events. The press trips organized throughout the year by the DG are set to include one aspiring journalist. To this end, we are accepting applications from applicants meeting the following conditions:
- Citizenship of an EU Member State or a neighbouring country included in EU macroregional strategies (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine)
- 18 to 30 years of age
- Studying journalism, or
- Graduated journalism studies in the past 2 years and is working as a journalist.
What do we offer:
- Accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
- The opportunity to work side by side with established journalists
- Valuable new knowledge on the European Union's work in the regions
In the following months, you can take part in the following press trips:
- EUSAIR Forum (6-8 May, Budva, Montenegro)
- EUSBSR Forum (12-13 June, Gdańsk, Poland)
- EUSDR Forum (27-28 June, Bucharest, Romania)
- EUSALP Forum (November, date tbc, Milan, Italy)
- Smart Regions 3.0 (November, date tbc, Brussels, Belgium)
- CITIES Forum (30-31 January, Porto, Portugal)”
If you are interested in applying, please send us your article (400 – 1000 words) on a subject related to the topic of the specific press trip you wish to attend, at your own choosing. Use the application form. The deadline for applications is 28 February 2019, 17:00 CET.
The press trips are part of the Youth4Regions media programme for aspiring journalists.