The Outermost Regions: European lands In the world - French Guiana (2020)
|Available languages :|
By encouraging the outermost regions to capitalise on their unique assets, the strategy seeks to support these regions in creating new opportunities, boosting innovation and jobs in sectors such as agriculture, fisheries, climate change and circular economy, and deepening cooperation with neighbour countries.
Two years on, the main developments in French Guiana are:
- The implementation of strategies promoting a sustainable and more innovative economy based on the green and blue economies in favour of biodiversity, agro-industries and sustainable tourism, and the selection of 350 projects in these areas;
- Support to the development of the regional blue economy and the creation of a loan scheme of €4.7 million euro for small operators, including the fisheries sector;
- Energy transition through the construction of electricity installations based on biomass to cover an energy demand of 40 Megawatt by 2030;
- Employment and education, through a framework agreement to develop a bachelor degree course in the field of aerospace industry and a project to place 300 young people in local businesses;
- Digital accessibility, by linking up to a submarine optical fibre cable connecting Europe and Latin America.
|More information :|