Cohesion Policy and Sweden
|Available languages :|
In 2014-2020, Sweden will manage eleven operational programmes under EU Cohesion Policy. Of these, eight regional programmes will receive funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) programmes, one national programme will receive funding from the ERDF and one programme will receive funding from the European Social Fund (ESF). In addition, there will be one national multi-fund OP on Community Led Local Development, CLLD, financed by the ERDF and the ESF.
How much will the EU invest in Sweden (2014-2020)?
For 2014-2020, Sweden has been allocated in total around € 2.1 billion (current prices) in total Cohesion Policy:
- € 1.51 billion is allocated to more developed regions (all);
- € 207 million is allocated to the Northern Sparsely Populated Areas (Övre Norrland and Mellersta Norrland);
- € 342.3 million for European Territorial Cooperation;
- € 44.2 million have been allocated to Norra Mellansverige, Östra Mellansverige and Skåne-Blekinge for the Youth Employment Initiative;
- A multi-fund programme for Community Lead Local Development (CLLD) will be supported from ERDF with € 8.5 million and from ESF with € 8.3 million.
Of this, ESF in Sweden will represent a minimum of € 730 million. The actual share will be set in light of the specific challenges the country needs to address in the areas covered by the ESF.
|More information :|