IPA legal framework
IPA legal basis 2007-2013 ("IPA I")
- The legal basis for IPA is the Council Regulation 1085/2006 , adopted on 17 July 2006.
- More detailed implementing rules are laid down in Commission Regulation 718/2007 of 12 June 2007 and the amendments introduced by Commission Regulation 80/2010 of 28 January 2010 (Implementing Regulation).
- Framework Agreements signed between the Commission and the beneficiary countries (Turkey, Republic of North Macedonia) aiming at setting and agreeing the rules for co-operation concerning EC financial assistance to the beneficiary country.
- Financing Agreements signed between the Commission and the beneficiary countries (Turkey, Republic of North Macedonia) for each programme, they complete the technical, legal and administrative framework and include detailed and specific provisions for the management, monitoring, evaluation and control of each Operational Programme.
- Guidelines for closure of pre-accession assistance (IPA) 2007-2013 multiannual programmes managed by DG REGIO and DG EMPL were adopted in mid-September 2016. The guidelines, adopted as an annex to the Commission decision C(2016) 5756 , will facilitate the closure of pre-accession assistance to beneficiary countries for the 2007-2013 period covering cross-border cooperation component, regional development component and human resources development component as governed by Commission Regulation (EC) No 718/2007 implementing Council Regulation (EC) No 1085/2006 establishing IPA.
The legal basis for IPA II (2014-2020) is to be found on the website of the DG Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations.
IPA framework documents
The policy and programming framework for delivering pre-accession assistance under IPA consists of: