Urban Development Network webinars: Urban Innovative Actions, achievements and perspectives
The Urban Development Network and the Urban Innovative Actions (UIA) organised three webinars on Urban Innovative Actions, achievements and perspectives on 03, 10 and 17 February 2021.
The series of webinars focused on the achievements of the UIA, promoted the UIA experience and the capitalisation efforts mobilised within the UIA Knowledge Management Strategy, explored synergies with the wider Cohesion Policy and discussed future orientation of the UIA as part of the European Urban Initiative for the programming period 2021-2027.
The webinar series gathered a wide range of interested stakeholders from Managing Authorities, agencies and city authorities to NGO’s, research communities and private sector. Each event gathered around 740 participants from 27 EU member states and beyond.
Below you have access to all the presentations given at the event as well as video recordings of each webinar session.
Webinar 1, 03 February 2021 - UIA, what has been achieved so far?
- Urban Innovative Actions at a glance, Tim Caulfield, UIA
- UIA inspiring experiences Parallel Breakout sessions focused on:
- A More Social Europe
- A Greener Europe
- A Smarter Europe
- A More Connected Europe
- The UIA Knowledge Management Strategy in practice, Amélie Cousin, UIA
- Cities Engaging in the Right to Housing, Laura Colini, UIA and URBACT
- Innovation for Mobility, Iraklis Stamos, UIA
Webinar 2, 10 February 2021 - UIA, bridging with Cohesion policy: how to optimise UIA value added?
- The potential for mainstreaming innovative actions within Cohesion policy,
François Gallaga, European Commission, DG for Regional and Urban policy
- How monitoring and evaluation can support innovative interventions, Marie-Jose Zondag and Joanna Smętek, Ecorys
Webinar 3: 17 February 2021 - Future UIA. What comes next as a new model for innovative actions under the European Urban Initiative 2021/27?
- UIA: Overview of UIA assessment study and pointers for the future - Presentation
- James Rampton, Centre for Strategy & Evaluation Services (CSES)
- François Gallaga, European Commission, DG for Regional and Urban policy
- Urban innovation: success factors, challenges and role for cities in the light of the UIA experience?
Panel session moderated by Eddy Adams, UIA
- Building together on UIA experiences: Widening impact and outreach of innovative actions under the European Urban Initiative
Panel discussion moderated by Pia Laurila, European Commission, DG for Regional and Urban policy
- New European Bauhaus, Xavier Troussard, European Commission, Joint Research Centre