United Kingdom - ERDF England
The Programme's strategy focuses firmly on growth, building on England's competitive advantages and addressing key bottlenecks in specific sectors and geographies. The aspiration is for locally driven growth and development. The resources will be focused on the core objectives of innovation, SME competitiveness and the low carbon economy whilst at the same time recognising the need for targeted interventions to unlock barriers that matter strategically to specific areas in England.
The Programme aims primarily to:
- Strengthen research, technological development and innovation (Priority 1 and 22% of ERDF support);
- Enhance the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises (Priority 3 and 39% of ERDF support);
- Support the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors (Priority 4 and 22% of ERDF support).
- Increase the proportion of small and medium-sized enterprises that are innovation active and to increase the value of services provided to small and medium-sized enterprises by higher education institutions;
- Reduction in the gap in productivity between SMEs and large companies productivity measured in terms of gross value added per employee;
- Reduction in carbon emissions in areas with low carbon strategies and increase the percentage of firms in low carbon sectors who are innovation active.
- United Kingdom
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 3,649,257,601.00 €
Total OP budget: 6,572,096,870.00 €
Total EU contribution: 3,649,257,601.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014UK16RFOP001
Department for Communities and Local Government - ERDF Programmes
London, SW1P 4DF
+44 303 444 6508
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesUnited Kingdom - ERDF England