United Kingdom - ERDF Scotland
The Programme aims to add value to wider investment programmes so that together they can support sustainable jobs and growth in Scotland and contribute to the delivery of the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. The programme aims to focus on specific niche investments which would otherwise not take place, or not to the same scale and timeframe, without Structural Funds.
The Programme will focus on five main priorities:
- Strengthening research, technological development and Innovation
- Enhancing access to and use and quality of ICT
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs
- Supporting a shift towards a low carbon economy in all sectors
- Preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency
- Increase business commercialisation and investment in research, technological development and innovation, particularly in sectors identified through Smart Specialisation;
- Increase the take up of high speed broadband services in the Highlands and Islands ('transition region');
- Support SMEs to exploit the economic potential of new markets and to compete globally (internationalisation) as a route to growth; facilitating job opportunities, particularly in 'Smart Specialisation' sectors - such as offshore wind, wave and tidal energy or marine bio-sciences, the food and drink industry etc benefitting regions all across the country.
- Increase investment in low-carbon technology and development to exploit Scotland's vast potential in the green economy. It will also address the needs identified around cultural change - in particular effecting a shift from journeys taken by car to a more active and green transport for short distances;
- Increase resource efficiency to counteract and lower the negative impact on the environment of industry and as a result of high concentrations of population. It will also invest in green infrastructure to improve quality of life, ease and accessibility in urban environments.
- Eastern Scotland
- South Western Scotland
- North Eastern Scotland
- Highlands and Islands
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 452,441,795.00 €
Total OP budget: 949,233,228.00 €
Total EU contribution: 452,441,795.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014UK16RFOP004
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesUnited Kingdom - ERDF Scotland