Interreg V-A - United Kingdom-Ireland (Ireland-Northern Ireland-Scotland)
The programme will focus on four areas that are seen as crucial for job creation and growth: supporting cross border initiatives to strengthen research and innovation, preserving and protecting the shared environment, promoting the sustainable mobility across the borders and enhancing the cross-border collaboration for the provision of quality health and social care services.
The programme will focus on the following four priorities:
- Research and Innovation
- Sustainable Transport
Some of the expected results
- 514 new researchers will be employed to deliver business and industry relevant research and innovation within two target sectors: Health and Life Sciences and Renewable Energy
- 1408 entreprises will increase their capacity to engage in cross-border research and innovation activity aimed at the development of new products, processes and tradable services.
- 4500 ha of habitats will improve their conservation status.
- 10.000 h.e. served by improved wastewater treatment
- The share of daily cross-border journeys utilising public transport services will increase from 8,8 to 25%
- The number of electric vehicle registrations will experience a ten-fold increase across the region, going from 186 to 2000 registrations.
- 15.000 people will be supported by new cross-border area initiatives for positive health and wellbeing and the prevention of ill health
- 4.500 patients will avail themselves of e-health interventions to support independent living in caring communities
- Development and implemention of new border area frameworks for early intervention that will support to 5.000 vulnerable families
- BORDER, MIDLAND AND WESTERN
- South Western Scotland
- Highlands and Islands
- NORTHERN IRELAND
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 240,347,696.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 282,761,998.00 €
Total EU contribution: 240,347,696.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB047
Special EU Programmes Body
7th Floor, The Clarence West Building - 2 Clarence Street West
UK-BT2 7GP Belfast
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - United Kingdom-Ireland (Ireland-Northern Ireland-Scotland)