País Vasco ERDF 2014-20 OP
The Programme aims to boost sustainable economic growth in the region by creating quality jobs - especially in activities with high added value sectors, and improving the competitiveness of the regional economy through 'smart' and innovative growth intiatives.
Almost 90% of the ressources are targeted at investements in research, innovation, SME's, ICT, and low-carbon economy, in line with the priorities set by the Europe 2020 Strategy.
The Programme will focus on six main priorities (% of available funding foreseen), strong synergies between these priorities are expected:
- Strengthening research, technological development and innovation. The investement is targeted at enhancing research and innovation infrastructure and capacities as well as developing of links and synergies with enterprises, research centers, and high education, in line with the Bask Regional Innovation Strategy (RIS3) (44,60%).
- Supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors through investments in production and distribution of energy derived from renewable sources, support to energy efficiency, smart energy management; and renewable energy use in public infrastructure, as well as promotion of sustainable mobility (25,91%).
- Enhancing access to, and use and quality of information and communication technologies In the development of ICT products and services, e-commerce and enhancing demand for ICT, as well as strengthening ICT applications for e-government (10,51%).
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs, through the promotion of entrepreneurship through the creation of new firms. And by supporting the creation and the extension of advanced capacities for product and services. In line with the Bask plan for Industrialization and smart specialization (8,66%)
- Promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management by addressing risks related to flood and forest fires (5,40%).
- Preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency, by preserving biodiversity and supporting industrial transition towards a resource efficient economy (4,47%)
- €452.6 million worth of private investement expected to match public support to innovation or R&D projects;
- Investment in over 50,000 SMEs to boost their competitiveness;
- 75% of entreprises to use e-administration services;
- A further 100 MW of energy to be produced form renewable sources;
- Over 6,000 households to benefit from a better energy performance rating;
- Nearly 2,500 persons to benefit from flood protection measures; and
- Over 680 hectares of natural habitats to be preserved, resulting in an improved conservation status.
- País Vasco
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 457,713,228.00 €
Total OP budget: 642,079,626.00 €
Total EU contribution: 457,713,228.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014ES16RFOP021
Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas - Subdirección General de Gestión del FEDER
Paseo de la Castellana, 162
+3491 583 52 23
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesPaís Vasco ERDF 2014-20 OP