Extremadura ERDF 2014-20 OP
The main purpose of the programme is to lay the ground for smart and sustainable growth in the region, in line with the Extremadura's Smart Specialisation Strategy. The programme aims to boost socioeconomic development in the region and contribute to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
It will setup an Industrial Integrated Territorial Investment (ITI) oriented to boost growth in specific areas, and will improve the competitiveness of the regional economy by supporting SMEs internationalisation and developing the digital economy. The programme will create new jobs especially in activities with high added value and will also invest in education and lifelong learning infrastructures as well as improving the transport network for better territorial cohesion.
Funds are concentrated on a limited set of priorities and investments focused on key drivers for competitiveness, which is one of the main principles of the reformed Cohesion policy:
- Strengthening the regional R&D+I system and enhancing access to, and use and quality of ICT for SMEs and public administration: 34 % of total OP budget;
- Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning by developing education and training infrastructure: 17%;
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs by supporting the creation and the extension of advanced capacities for product and service development and supporting the SMEs to grow in regional, national and international markets: 13%
- Enhancing regional mobility by connecting secondary and tertiary nodes to TEN-T infrastructure, including multimodal nodes: 12% of total OP budget
- Almost double % of employees related to R&D+I activities from the total regional occupied population.
- Double private R&D+I investment on GDP and double the number of innovative enterprises cooperating with universities and research centres.
- 100% of population covered by high-speed broadband;
- Reach 75% of the public administration procedures online for SMEs and citizens (baseline 5%)
- Reduce by half the number of companies which shut down
- 38% more of SMEs exporting regularly abroad
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 15%
- Increase by 4 times the freight transported by train
- Reduce the early school leaving by 8 % points
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 740,592,537.00 €
Total OP budget: 925,740,674.00 €
Total EU contribution: 740,592,537.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014ES16RFOP014
Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas - Subdirección General de Administración del FEDER
Paseo de la Castellana, 162
+34 91 58 35 223
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesExtremadura ERDF 2014-20 OP