Canary Islands ERDF 2014-20 OP
1. To increase the competitiveness of the productive sector through innovation and information society, and the internationalization of the economy;
2. to improve the deployment and quality of transport infrastructures to interconnect the islands and the whole archipelago to other regions;
3. to optimize the offer of basic natural resources for the socio-economic system in the frame of an environmental sustainability;
4. to create jobs, increase the education level and reduce the poverty rate;
5. to reduce and mitigate the additional costs arising from being an outermost region.
Funds are concentrated on a limited set of priorities and investments focused on key drivers for competitiveness:
- Strengthening the regional R&D+I system and the information society and improving the competitiveness and innovation of SMEs: 24.15% of total programme budget
- Low-carbon economy, climate change and environment: 6.27%
- Sustainable transport: 8.31%
- Social inclusion and education and training: 11.54%
These figures are much bigger when deducting the specific outermost allocation for Canarias, which rise up to 48.53% of total programme budget. Allocations are devoted to preserve and protect the environment and promote the resource efficiency, to support freight transport services and start-up of new transport services, and to support the functioning of public services and provision to the citizens.
- Almost double public R&D+I investment up to 0.72% of regional GDP; Six times more private R&D+I investment and duplicate the number of innovative enterprises cooperating with universities and research centres.
- 100% of population covered by high-speed broadband;
- 33% of Canarias enterprises selling by e-commerce and 90% with internet access and web sites.
- 50% of school population covered by e-learning services and 67% of Canarias citizens using e-administration services.
- Increase of the entrepreneurship and quality of touristic entrepreneurial services.
- Reduction on the energy consumption of municipalities and households and increase of production and distribution of renewal energy.
- Improvement on the management and prevention of natural risk.
- Fully compliance with the Water Framework Directive
- Reduction of the delay of surgical intervention up to 90 days and improvement of the quality and efficiency of health services.
- Modernisation of public households facilities inhabited by people under risk of exclusion
- Increase the number of professional training student through investment into new education infrastructures
- Mitigate the shortcomings for the regional socio-economic development linked to the outermost region condition.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 1,037,290,709.00 €
Total OP budget: 1,220,342,015.00 €
Total EU contribution: 1,037,290,709.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014ES16RFOP007
Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas - Subdirección General de Administración del FEDER
Paseo de la Castellana, 162
+34 91 58 35 223
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesCanary Islands ERDF 2014-20 OP