Operational Programme Human Resources
The Slovakian Operational Programme "Human Resources" for the implementation of the European Social Fund (ESF), the Youth Unemployment Initiative (YEI) and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) in the period 2014-2020 outlines the priorities and objectives to spend EUR 2.629 billion (of which EUR 2.205 billion from the EU budget) contributing to creating jobs and strengthening social cohesion in Slovakia.
Investing in human capital and helping people to enter the labour market will top priorities under this programme, which will be instrumental in helping Slovakia to respond to the Europe 2020 priorities and country specific recommendations for policy reforms under the European Semester in education, employment and social inclusion.
Investments will be focused on three main areas:
- A strong emphasis is placed on combating youth unemployment. The funds will finance initiatives to improve education and training systems and ensure young people get the right skills that improve their employment prospects. Quality early childhood education and care to reconcile parents' work-life balance and support children's development as well as vocational education to reinforce the provision of work‐based learning in companies are further areas for investment. About 80 000 young people should benefit from the Youth Employment Initiative. In addition, more than 100 000 pupils and students at all educational levels will participate in the programme’s activities.
- Projects will help people in difficulties and those from disadvantaged groups to have the same opportunities as others to improve their study outcomes, find jobs and integrate into society. Children, unemployed or people with disabilities are all among those who will benefit the most. Some 250,000 unemployed persons, in particular low-skilled and long-term unemployed, should benefit from the programme and be able to improve their chances on the jobs market.
- 150 municipalities with the most deprived marginalised Roma communities will gain from an integrated funding approach combining ESF and ERDF investments into people and infrastructure. A comprehensive approach to development needs of these communities will involve outreach activities, help to weaker pupils, financial literacy and health awareness initiatives, social housing and support to social enterprises.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 220,707,577.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 2,200,187,997.00 €
Total OP budget: 3,106,003,782.00 €
Total EU contribution: 2,593,166,516.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014SK05M0OP001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOperational Programme Human Resources