Interreg V-A - Romania-Bulgaria
The programme Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria aims to expand the area's horizons, to build concrete and measurable outcomes and to enable the area to be a region to live, study, work, visit and invest in. The programme aims to sustain the process of creating competitive and sustainable communities, in a resource efficient way, seizing the unique growth initiatives and opportunities offered by the development of transversal and horizontal flows on the area’s backbone, the Danube River and the Black Sea corridor. The overall vision for the programme area is, by exploiting its geographical position as the eastern Danube/ Black Sea gateway and a hub in the wider Black Sea- Danube-Rhine-North Sea context, to achieve higher development by improving accessibility, fostering institutional cooperation and protecting and developing regional assets.
The programme will focus on the following five priorities:
- A well connected region
- A green region
- A safe region
- A skilled and inclusive region
- An efficient region
Some of the expected results
- Re-connecting the region, as a cross-border integrated area through low carbon and environmentally-friendly transport.
- Improving the navigability of the Danube and the Black Sea within the cross-border area.
- Creating a new model for the sustainable use of the natural and cultural heritage of the cross-border area.
- Improving the joint management and protection of NATURA 2000 sites.
- Increasing the prevention and management capacity of disaster risks in the cross-border area.
- The integration of the cross-border area in terms of employment and labour mobility.
- Increasing the cooperation capacity and the efficiency of public institutions in the cross-border area.
- Severen Tsentralen
- Sud - Muntenia
- Sud-Vest Oltenia
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 215,745,513.00 €
Total OP budget: 258,504,126.00 €
Total EU contribution: 215,745,513.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB021
Ministry of Regional development, Public Administration and European Funds
Bd. Libertăţii, nr. 16, Latura Nord,
Sector 5, București, 050706
(+40 37) 211 14 09
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - Romania-Bulgaria