Regional OP Algarve
With a financial allocation of more than 318 Million Euros from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the European Social Fund (ESF) for 2014-2020, the Algarve programme aims to promote the competitiveness of the regional economy and the region's sustainable development and internal cohesion, as well as the region's ability to contribute to the achievement of the key EU and national development goals.
The Programme will focus on 8 main priorities and one for the technical assistance
- Promoting Research and regional innovation –ERDF -12.19 % of the total EU resources: enhancing research and innovation (R&I) infrastructures, promoting centres of competence and developing synergies between enterprises and research centres.
- Supporting internationalisation, competitiveness of enterprises and qualified entrepreneurship – ERDF – 26.89 % of the total EU resources-: enhancing competitiveness of SMEs by promoting entrepreneurship, business incubators and internationalisation.
- Promoting resource sustainability and efficiency – ERDF – 6.3 % of EU resources: Developing sustainable resources and energy efficiency (enterprises, public infrastructures, social housing) and promoting low-carbon strategies in particular in urban areas including multimodal mobility.
- Strengthening territorial competitiveness - ERDF – 7.8 % of the EU resources: Enhancing conservation, protection, promotion of natural and cultural heritage actions, improving sustainable integrated urban environment by revitalising cities, regenerating brownfield sites, reducing air pollution and promoting noise reduction measures;
- Investing in jobs – ESF and ERDF, 10.78 % and 3.8 % of the EU resources, respectively: creating jobs, enhancing access to employment for job seekers and inactive people, developing local initiatives and supporting labour mobility;
- Asserting socialand territorial cohesion - ESF and ERDF, 9.9% and 3.9% respectively of the EU resources: Promoting social inclusion, investing in health infrastructures, combating poverty and discrimination, providing support for deprived communities in rural and urban areas, enhancing integrated approach in social intervention with community-led local strategies;
- Enhancing skills – ESF and ERDF, 6.6% and 3.3% respectively of the EU resources: Investing in education, training and vocational training, skills and lifelong learning, developing and modernising school infrastructures, reducing and preventing early school leaving, increasing quality of education, and better matching education and training systems with labour market needs.
- Modernising and empowering the Administration - ESF and ERDF, 3.1% and 2.5% respectively of the OP EU resources: improving access to information and communication technologies, invest in institutional capacity and efficiency of public administrations and public services.
- Technical Assistance – ERDF, 3.1 % of the EU funding.
- Support some 57 research and development (R&D) projects in the region;
- Support for some 658 SMEs, with grants or other forms of support;
- Decrease of annual primary energy consumption in public buildings of 16.143.750 Kwh, 77 enterprises with better energy efficiency;
- Creation or rehabilitation of open space in urban areas: 70.000 m2, and public or commercial buildings: 12,175 m2, annual increase of visits to cultural and natural heritage sites (142,781);
- Support to 6,250 unemployed people to find jobs, participation of 36.256 unemployed people (including long-term) and 28.884 employed people in training.
- Implementation of 3 specific strategies for promoting endogenous resources.
- Organisation of training for 1,417 participants from marginalised groups, participation in socially necessary job actions for 2.956 persons, support to 28 projects aiming to diversify supply and to increase quality of health and social services, support for 13 social and health utilities.
- Support for 6 schools with interventions aiming to reduce early school leaving and to raise educational attainment of ISCED level, provide some 10,000 training sessions for teachers in specific education backgrounds, support 1,466 adults in training courses for school and/or vocational certification, increase of the capacity of childcare or education infrastructure by 2,493 children.
- Support 15 projects for online public service; Support 10.526 civil servants to participate in reorganization and modernization training.
- Contribute to create some 10,500 direct and indirect jobs.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 224,321,248.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 94,355,240.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 437,289,055.00 €
Total EU contribution: 318,676,488.00 €
CCI number: 2014PT16M2OP007
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesRegional OP Algarve