Regional OP Lisboa
The OP will contribute to promoting the competitiveness of the regional economy and the region's sustainable development and internal cohesion, as well as the region's contribution to the achievement of the key EU and national development goals:
- 27.6% of the OP resources are allocated to support research, technological development (RTD) and Innovation, helping the country reach its national Europe 2020 target by increasing its GDP spend on RTD from 2.7% to 3.3 % (it was 1.5% in 2011).
- 32.6 % of the resources will be used to enhance the competitiveness of SMEs.
- Around 35.1% will be dedicated to promoting job creation and enhancement of endogenous resources thus contributing to the attainment of the national Europe 2020 target of 75% of 20-64 year-olds in employment (65.4 % in 2012).
- 11.7% will be dedicated to promoting education and qualifications, helping the country reach its national Europe 2020 target to bring early school leaving down to 10% (from 23.2% in 2011).
- Almost 8.9% will be used to promote sustainable urban development.
- 8.8% of the OP funding aims to support the shift towards a low-carbon economy (investments in energy efficiency and sustainable mobility); these funds will contribute to Portugal's national Europe 2020 target of 31% of energy deriving from renewable sources (27.3 % in 2011). To ensure the sustainable development of the energy sector, the support will aim in particular to improve energy efficiency and sustainable mobility.
In the OP, the ESF thematic concentration is 80% of total ESF allocation. The ESF share of the OP is 25.3%.
The Programme will focus on 8 main priorities:
- Strengthening RTD and innovation;
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs;
- Supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors;
- Preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency;
- Promoting sustainable and quality employment and supporting labour mobility;
- Promoting social inclusion, combating poverty and any discrimination;
- Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning;
- Sustainable urban development.
- Support some 408 research projects in the region;
- Increase in some 400 full-time equivalents the number of jobs in entreprises supported;
- Increase the value of exports in % of business volume of SME to 10%;
- 77% of SMEs with 10 and more employees engaging in Innovation activities;
- Increase the capacity of childcare or education infrastructure by 15.3%;
- Increase the number of enterprises cooperating with research institutions by 322;
- Increse by 160 Km of ways dedicated to soft mobility and the reduction of carbon emmissions;
- Support the rehabilitation of some 613 households in urban areas;
- Increase to 55 % the population covered by improved health servicesand supporting some 33 health and social utilities;
- Support some 6,400 participants in socially necessary job actions;
- Increase the % of households with improved energy classification by 96%;
- Contribute to a decrease of greenhouse gases of some 427,567 CO2eq tons by 2023;
- Increase the annual number of stays in hotels and other touristic accomodations by 155,000.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 622,627,637.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 194,453,146.00 €
Total OP budget: 1,735,643,136.00 €
Total EU contribution: 817,080,783.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014PT16M2OP005
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesRegional OP Lisboa