OP Smart growth
The Programme aims to boost the innovativeness and competitiveness of the Polish economy by increasing business expenditure on Research & Development (R&D) and by improving the level of co-operation between all participants in the innovation lifecycle. The funding will be used nationwide to strengthen research activities and improve the links between science and business in the sixteen Polish regions. The funding should allow for the development of innovative ideas into concrete, marketable new products and technologies, thus increasing the position of Polish enterprises in the global value chain.
The programme will support applied research and development in enterprises. Financial instruments such as guarantees and equity investments will play a key role in achieving the objectives, together with investments in R&D infrastructure in private enterprises and public research institutes. Further measures will support productive investments; they will also improve the quality of public research and strengthen the incentives for companies and research institutes to co-operate. Ultimately, the programme should galvanize the on-going transition of the Polish economy model towards an innovation-based one, enabling it to better compete in a globalised world.
The Programme will focus on four main priorities:
- Increasing the number and the quality of research and development projects carried out by enterprises;
- Improving the institutional conditions enabling enterprises to engage in R&D activities and enhancing their potential for R&D;
- Supporting innovation in enterprises, in particular by providing financial instruments for innovative investments and assisting innovative exporting companies from key sectors in further internationalisation;
- Enhancing the links between public research, business and the needs of the economy by investing in strategic public R&D infrastructure and research programmes with the highest potential for the Polish economy;
The key expected results of the programme include:
- Increasing business R&D expenditure in relation to GDP to almost 1%;
- Almost doubling the share of high-technology products among Polish exports to 13.0%;
- Increasing the share of applied R&D to 72.6%;
- Supporting more than 12,000 companies to conduct research and implement innovation;
- Leveraging an additional EUR 4.4 billion of private funding for research and innovation;
- Creating 20,500 new jobs;
- Developing the use of financial instruments in supporting research-based business ventures.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 8,613,929,014.00 €
Total OP budget: 10,189,869,703.00 €
Total EU contribution: 8,613,929,014.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014PL16RFOP001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOP Smart growth